FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Multiple groups in one
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Multiple groups in one [message #17140] Thu, 18 March 2004 09:21 Go to previous message
humus is currently offline  humus   Norway
I know I'm pushing it, but hey - these are only suggestions to keep FUD five steps ahead!

Say you have split a topic into several groups. E.g. "Soccer" - with subgroups "Premier League", "national soccer", "international soccer" etc.

Now, some users are only interested in one of those groups, and will stay there. But others like to discuss everything concerning soccer, and HATE having to jump back and forth between those different groups to keep up-to-date.

Now, to keep them happy, would it be possible to give them the option to see all messages from several group gathered in one group? See what I mean?

One way to do it could be to define a "personal" page in their profile, where they can choose which groups they are interested in. Then they can open their "custom" page, whith the latest threads from several groups gathered.

Another, simpler(?) way might be to be able to split the current groups into sub-groups. Eg. you would have a group "Soccer", with the sub-groups "national,", "international" aso. If you click the main group "soccer", you'd get the threads from all the sub-groups.

Am I way off? 'Cause I really see the point of this in a forum with 200.000+ registered users an 3 million+ messages...

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message