FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Plugins and Code Hacks » Mailing List Functionality w/crontab, instead of .procmailrc or .forward
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Mailing List Functionality w/crontab, instead of .procmailrc or .forward [message #18262 is a reply to message #18261] Fri, 14 May 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shep is currently offline  Shep   United States
Ilia wrote on Fri, 14 May 2004 18:56

FUDforum is a bulletin board package nothing more nothing else. I have no plans or intention to include external utilities in the distribution.

As for piping messages to the forum I gave you a sample PHP script that can be used to accomplish this task.

You seem kinda touchy about this issue. I was not implying or asking for you to include 3rd party utilities. Fudform "comes with" Mailing List Manager. It even gives a short "how to" at the end for use with procmail. I was only asking that this option be available for Windows users also with clear documentation on "how" to do this or a discalimer that Mailing List Manager will not work with Windows.

It will either work with Windows or it will not. If it does, it would be great to know how to implement it.

Please do not take this personal. It is not intended to be that way on my end. I am real excited about getting this to work and want to create Windows documentation for the guys over at eGroupWare when I get this figured out. I have been helping out over there with Windows docs. I can get the popfud.php to run from a command line, but the posts do not appear in the forum that has been selecte in Mailing List Manager. I am close, and just wanted to see if there was help available.

I have contacted the guy who wrote popfud.php - but in the meantime I stopped by here to see if the "authors" had worked this out yet.

Thanks,
Shep
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Request: Message body color based on user level
Next Topic: extra line breaks and anchors when editing/quoting mailing list posts
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:06:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10166 seconds