FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Upgrade from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 fails
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Upgrade from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 fails [message #185568 is a reply to message #185567] Fri, 11 April 2014 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
smcgee is currently offline  smcgee   United States
So from looking at the error message I posted above, it appears that the upgrade is trying to alter the data type to varchar(64) for the field named useragent in the table named fud30_ses.

I dug into the SQL side of this to see what I could find. Currently, for the fud30_ses table, the data type for the useragent field is set to varchar(32).

I thought I might try to change the data type manually in SQL Server Management Studio, but it does not have a data type of varchar(64). But it does have a data type of varchar(MAX) that can be selected. So I chose that and tried to save the table, but SQL Server wouldn't let me save the table. It said the table first had to be deleted and recreated.

I wonder if the data type for the useragent field of the fud30_ses table is the actual problem, or if it might be something else.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message