FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Total time taken to generate the page
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Total time taken to generate the page [message #19244 is a reply to message #19232] Fri, 02 July 2004 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
djnz is currently offline  djnz   United Kingdom
I understand now - thanks for taking the time (!) to explain how you view script execution time.

What I should have said up front was that, which ever way you look at it, FUDforum is incredibly fast. One day I will make the effort to understand exactly how you have achieved that. For the moment, I am busy working on integrating FUDforum into a couple of sites.

You will be disappointed to hear that I haven't got around to looking at FUDforum templates yet, so to integrate the display in my site I am parsing the whole buffered FUDforum output through a preg_match and reassembling head and body with my own HTML to achieve a clean-looking and valid HTML page. This is a lot quicker than you might think and the whole thing still runs in 0.05s or so (from the first line of the first script to near the end of output streaming), which is a lot better than the same site was achieving with postnuke/PNphpBB2 (0.4s).
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Moderator Queue showing up empty
Next Topic: No Smileys If You Edit An Existing Message - 2.6.5RC2