FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Suggestions on access structure
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Suggestions on access structure [message #23031] Sun, 27 February 2005 19:19 Go to previous message
smujer is currently offline  smujer   United States
My teams started using FUDForum a couple months ago and we love it. Thanks so much for a great tool.

I had a question about how to set security as we grow. Any advice would be appreciated.

My R&D teams use the forum for internal discussion. These forums are high traffic and new forums are added with new projects.

We get a lot of questions from the support team that end up in email and on IM. I would like to put these in a central place so they are searchable and can be answered by multiple people so FUDforum is the obvious solution. I imagine a category under which I had a forum for each product we build. At the same time I'm not all that excited to give them access to internal R&D discussion.

As a result I have a group of R&D users which need access to all forums (the list of which are rapidly growing). Then I have a group of support users which need access to a select (fairly static) set of forums. Could somebody suggest a group security setup that would be the easiest to setup, administer, and keep up? I can't quite grok the group admin functionality in a way that points me to an obvious solution. I probably will add about 10 users a month to both groups.

Thanks for your help!
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Clicking 'Back' after viewing a message
Next Topic: how to add user to a gorup? I have done it, but.........See attachment files
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 10:39:04 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04085 seconds