FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » email as login
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: email as login [message #24857 is a reply to message #24844] Tue, 17 May 2005 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
newnumbertwo is currently offline  newnumbertwo   United States
I appreciate the pointer. While i'm sure, given time, i could figure this out myself, if you could be a little more specific about where these changes need to be made, that would be great.

Also, I know this isn't the correct topic, but maybe this could be a future feature for FUDForum? Being able to select whether users use a login name or email address for login?

Am I correct to assume that making the change in login.php.t would be the only change I would need to make to enable users to login with their password and email address? What about the mail password feature? Should that be changed to replace their login with their email (I know that it seems obvious that people would realize they couldn't recevie their reset password if the email was different, but many users are dense) ?

thanks,

w

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Mailing List Mangager Seperate Forum for each mailing list?? Why
Next Topic: FUDForum very slow. Bad consistency check
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 19 17:25:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03868 seconds