FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Message autosave feature?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Message autosave feature? [message #28513 is a reply to message #28495] Thu, 27 October 2005 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tufan is currently offline  tufan   Turkey
Hi,
Ilia

... I have not seen it happen in "real-life" with cookie sessions.

Supposing this is a serious statement, I must say that I may understand that's because you may be coding quite more than you write to forums Rolling Eyes
JamesS

The only reason I can see not to add...

The only reason I can see not to add, well, I really can't see it. Ilia didn't come up with a reason either anyway Rolling Eyes
print_money_at_home

Maybe Ilia just needs more "convincing" how awesome this feature would be...

Well, before this message, I began writing a message telling how awesome this would be, but it got quite long, and lost it since my session expired Razz Very Happy
print_money_at_home

... Just a clone of the "Draft" option found in FUDforum "Private Messaging."

Yes, that's possible too. C'mon Ilia, we really need just some kind of "save".

By the way, I use "Preview" as a save against session expiring problem. But there are other problems like network problems (you end up with a white empty page, when you refresh, and re-post, it says "system error, sorry for the inconvenience" or something like that). And I use Firefox, and I know it's a lot more easier to lose a draft when using Internet Explorer (You lose it even you go to the "Back" page I guess).

We have it when pm'ing, we actually need it more when posting, 'cause generally we post more than we pm.

That's one of the simplest most useble features, ever (I by no means imply that it's easy to implement).

I first saw it with gmail, I have quite a guess that no forum has this kind of save function, and no web-mail accounts do either. And I really don't see why Rolling Eyes

That would be really awesome. fud just would have another feature that no other forum has Rolling Eyes

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/firefox2/firefox-spread-btn-1.png
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message