FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Message autosave feature?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Message autosave feature? [message #28516 is a reply to message #28513] Thu, 27 October 2005 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Let's see, I reply to about 30 messages per day or just this forum alone aside from other places where I work with forums. So, I think your claim of me not using enough forum does not hold water.

Considering I know how FUDforum code is written I can tell you with certainly there is an infestimal chance of a message body being lost due to a user logging out. Unless you explicity try to cause the problem, it is virtually impossible aside from few very rare edge cases.

This feature is useless in most cases only forcing utilization of unnecessary server resources, if you had considered the code necessary to implement and the process involved perhaps you'd revise your assumptions.

There is a good reason that aside from Gmail, with their uber short session times no services or applications have this feature.

P.S. FUDforum is opensource if you want a feature, you can always try hacking the code yourself Smile.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Thu, 27 October 2005 20:48]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message