FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Message autosave feature?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Message autosave feature? [message #28524 is a reply to message #28516] Thu, 27 October 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tufan is currently offline  tufan   Turkey
Hi,

Quote:

Let's see, I reply to about 30 messages per day or just this forum alone aside from other places where I work with forums. So, I think your claim of me not using enough forum does not hold water.

Ok, reading again, I expressed it in a wrong way Sad You're definitely one of the guys who use his support forum the most to answer questions, so that in the beginning I did think that your only task is answering questions, and somebody else codes actually Smile

However, the problem arises when you post LONG messages. The kind of messages you spend quite a lot of time to write just one of them.

Quote:

Unless you explicity try to cause the problem, it is virtually impossible aside from few very rare edge cases.

Believe me it's not so rare in a forum where most users give their half an hour to write just one message Rolling Eyes As a workaround, I advise them to preview their messages more frequently...

Quote:

This feature is useless in most cases

This feature would be as useless as saving the drafts of private messages Rolling Eyes

Quote:

P.S. FUDforum is opensource if you want a feature, you can always try hacking the code yourself Smile.

Thanks, I'll pass, I once just unluckily slightly changed the css and header files, now I have to make the same change over and over again with every update, let alone a code change itself, I don't think I just can handle it Rolling Eyes

Hence my innocent suggestion for an "official" modification Wink

cya,
tiu

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affiliates/Buttons/firefox2/firefox-spread-btn-1.png
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message