FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Message autosave feature?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Message autosave feature? [message #28525 is a reply to message #28524] Thu, 27 October 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
tiufang wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 18:00

Hi,
However, the problem arises when you post LONG messages. The kind of messages you spend quite a lot of time to write just one of them.

Understood, but you if look at the forum's settings you'll see that the cookie sessions (by default anyhow) last for way longer then 1/2 hour or even 2 hours. Which means the problem would only affect relying explicitly on URL sessions, which do expire after about 24 minutes by default. That said anytime you click on the preview/spell check button the session is renewed and you get another 24 minutes. In a way a "preview" click is sort of like "save" although not really, but you already knew that Wink. If we add auto-save button unless people use it is just eye candy, so how about this trivial template mod, add a copy of the Preview button with a "save" caption and see if it helps.

Quote:

This feature would be as useless as saving the drafts of private messages Rolling Eyes

A pm draft is not a particularly useful feature, I agree but if you have 1/2 the message in your head and you need another day or two to come up with the rest it has its uses.

Quote:

Thanks, I'll pass, I once just unluckily slightly changed the css and header files, now I have to make the same change over and over again with every update, let alone a code change itself, I don't think I just can handle it

Exageration, you only need to make those changes IF the underlying templates were made during an upgrade. If we start looking at the facts the:
forum.css.tmpl changes at most once every 3 months, so every 2 releases and header.tmpl was last changed on 2004-Apr-25 1.5 years!!! ago.

FUDforum Core Developer
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message