FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Default text size
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Default text size [message #32357 is a reply to message #32356] Thu, 22 June 2006 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JamesS is currently offline  JamesS   United States
Okay, the font size is overly large. Change your font settings. Look at yours compared to mine. My font settings are clearly different from yours. That was the whole reasoning behind changing them from 'px' to 'pt' in the stylesheet -- to honor the user's settings. When they are specified as pixels, most browsers tend to ignore the user's font settings (unless they are strictly enforced). Check out this thread for more information on the subject -- http://fudforum.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6493&unread=1&.

I did start on a new template today that is intended to further address the font issue. Whether or not I finish it, and then whether or not it would be integrated into the official code base, I don't know. Sadly, the templating system for FUDforum is a bit of a headache. I made some good progress on the index page today, but there is a lot more than just that one page.

But, no. The fonts don't look like they have with FUDforum for a long time. There was no way to avoid that and make them work better for more people without a substantial rewrite to (at least) the CSS. Personally, I think it involves a lot of work to the markup as well.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: how to remove avatar from profile?
Next Topic: RSS Reply
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jul 07 05:00:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04910 seconds