FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Default text size
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Default text size [message #32359 is a reply to message #32193] Thu, 22 June 2006 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kenjb is currently offline  kenjb   United States
I think when you want a site to have a uniform appearance and the code to dictate the font and layout, then I tend to think that allowing the persons browser to make any adjustment at all is a mistake. Maybe that's old school.

I've kept up on reading most subjects on FUD here, and I was reading the thread you mention here as it progressed. I had thoughts on the matter, but consider myself self proclaimed expert and in no way globally accepted expert in style sheets.

We all know that the behavior between different browser clients is the real debate. I try to strike a balance between them all with keeping IE last on my list for compatibilities. Possibly the only true way to be universal is to detect each browser type and direct them to the appropriate style sheet, and in some cases no style sheet at all for that matter.

My browser client is default from the install. I haven't changed any font settings at all. I don't intend to.

I really like the ctrl+"+" or "-" to grow and shrink fonts on a page. It works for me.

Have you changed your font setting for your browser at all?

kenjb
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: how to remove avatar from profile?
Next Topic: RSS Reply
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jul 07 04:12:51 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04417 seconds