FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Default text size
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Default text size [message #32361 is a reply to message #32193] Thu, 22 June 2006 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kenjb is currently offline  kenjb   United States
I think you’re failing to make some finite distinctions, a couple of them being the difference between a graphical site and a data site. I would consider the FUD forum to be data site where information is stored and then browsed in a logical manner, most notably in table like formatting. Data either numerical or text is best displayed in a format that helps organize and add logic to what might otherwise be a chaotic display without.

It’s a huge undertaking to organize the data structure so that any device capable of retrieving the data can read it and also display it with its own best settings. I’ve found with my limited knowledge, that it’s a struggle at the very least to even get the most notable devices or clients to display the data without errors at all. Error being defined as “anything that the common user wouldn’t expect to see”.

I am old school. I’ll read up on the link you provide to see if I can incorporate some new technology into my current code. It seems like I do a rewrite and just as I seem to perfect a layout, as the rest of us debug and share our new ways, it’s time for another rewrite.

In the end, I want code to be uniform enough so if I want to integrate some code into something I’m working on, then it can be done without “breaking the camels back”, so to speak.

So, when someone comes to a site that I’ve built, do I want them to know that I’m using FUD?. Sure I do. But do I want it to look like a FUD clone? Uhm, nope.

Every project I’ve been involved in, when it comes to templating, seems to eventually make its way to one of the known templating systems. When I say involved, I mean in a somewhat passive way, not as a major contributor.

I like fud forum, I don’t know why anyone would use anything else.

Code on!

kenjb
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: how to remove avatar from profile?
Next Topic: RSS Reply
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jul 07 04:56:51 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04300 seconds