FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Groups and supergroups
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Groups and supergroups [message #34184 is a reply to message #33910] Wed, 11 October 2006 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
otherbird is currently offline  otherbird   Israel
Curiouser and curiouser...

I applied patch, no effect. I applied my own fix, no effect. I stole someone else's better fix for MS Word chars from the manual (see ord()), no effect.

On investigation, eliminating the call in post.php.t to check_post_form() fixes the problem. (Huh?)

check_post_form() (in postcheck.inc.t) checks the status of fud_bad_sq along the way. Throwing that define check out, also fixes the problem. (Huh?)

sq_check() is the only place fud_bad_sq is defined. It checks POST['SQ'] against the current 'sq'. If I use MS Word's dodgy characters in a post that opens a topic - and only then - there's nothing in POST['SQ'] when sq_check() is called, and that's how come fud_bad_sq gets defined. (Huh?)

For now I've simply thrown out the fud_bad_sq check in check_post_form() to keep people happy. It seems to work OK most of the time, and throws out a vague error message when it fails (aka 'There was an error'), but it's obviously not optimal.

This is totally bizarre... check_post_form() is the very first call in the submit processing. The only time the message body is even touched prior to reaching here is when it's first picked up in post.php.t, where you put the char fixes earlier. Most of the POST data is obviously intact, so how come POST['SQ'] gets to be empty? and only when bad chars are used, and only in a new forum topic?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message