FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Upload just the messages!?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Upload just the messages!? [message #4202 is a reply to message #4162] Thu, 18 July 2002 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
james is currently offline  james   United States
Thanks, I actually figured that out last night, too. In case anyone has to do what I did, you may want to follow these instructions.

1.) Convert the ) at the end of each line to );
2.) Only go with one category (aka - fud_users) at a time. This will reduce errors and make sure that PHPMYADMIN can handle all the data you send to it.
3.) Verify that the data matches (in rows and columns) the table you are trying to upload to. Since I was uploading 2.0.2 data into version 2.2.3 of the forums, I had to add null data in order to make some tables fit properly.
4.)Don't upload tables that you don't need (I use the default style, so I didn't have to upload that SQL Table)
5.) Empty the tables to which you are about to upload new data. Otherwise PHPMYADMIN will return an error.
6.) Don't run consistency checker until you have uploaded all of the tables you are going to upload, AND the MESSAGE FILES mentioned by prottoss in the post right above this one.
7.) Run consistency checker when you finish.

That worked for me, and it will work for you too. If anyone has problems like I had, I would be glad to help them out, as I am now a seasoned pro in hand-editing SQL data and matching it to tables Very Happy
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: drop tables concerning search index
Next Topic: Avatar dimentions
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Oct 02 04:20:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07442 seconds