FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Translators Needed
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Here is the Frenchy version! [message #4591 is a reply to message #4497] Wed, 31 July 2002 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
vidaubannais is currently offline  vidaubannais   Germany
As promised, find enclosed all you need to turn your favorit forum into French Very Happy

However, please keep in mind:

DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION OF THE FILE ON YOUR PRODUCTION SYSTEM AS IT STILL SHOWS A FEW PROBLEMS.

The translation is finished, but still has not been tested intensively (e.g. I have done a few tests to make sure it was compiling and optimizing without showing missing messages or parser errors).

My main problems were (I should say ARE for some of them):

• I don't have a French keyboard at home Confused
    As I use an American keyboard, I had to add the accented characters (heavily used in French language) one by one manually (I use Linux and not Windows/Office and did not figured out any other ways to do so) - So if one of you, French patriots notice that a character is not accented when it should, let me know for me to update ASAP
  • Special characters to be protected Mad
    The msg handling by the parser is quite basic for efficient l18n operations: It in not able to protect special characters when they should be (e.g. in French, the character <'> is used in every sentence - unfortunately sometimes, some entries in the msg file are used in PHP scripts which complain when one of them is not protected [using the escape character \ accordingly]) - It would be a good thing for the humanity if FUD could take care of this business for us efficiently.
    As a result you MIGHT find strings displaying "J\'accepte" instead of "J'accepte" on the interface (this is only an example) - Same story here: If you see one of them walking around (even if I think I have cleaned them properly where needed), let me know ASAP
  • I am not a PHP Guru Sad
    The only tests I have done on FUD so far were on FUD official website (the crash test dummy test forum if you see what I mean) - [gimmy some credit, I have adopted FUD only 4 days ago, and had to read the doc on top of all of this] I did not get a chance to dig deeper into my own environment.
    It seems that I cannot create a new user (register) or even post a message on my FUD - Don't know if it is a problem of my installation yet or if the problem is caused by my msg file yet. If one of you could look into this and fix it (if needed), it would be great.

I hope I am going to receive a good feedback from this first release of the French msg file.

Enjoy Wink

Note: I had to rename the msg file "msg.txt" in order to be able to upload it on the forum - You need to remove the extension to install it OK
  • Attachment: msg.txt
    (Size: 63.91KB, Downloaded 1934 times)
[Message index]

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif