FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » Test Forum » Translation
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Translation [message #12024] Fri, 25 July 2003 00:46 Go to next message
Anonymous   United States
Hello guys i am new in this site "forum", mostly i am here because we use this software in our forum. I was told that you guys needed someone to translate from English to Spanish.

If some one could make those strings available to me i could have them done in a little while, i have tried to get the file from the Announcements thread, but i am not a programmer and i have no idea what extension are the files that you have there so if you could give them to me in a simple format that will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Xracer from Talon
Re: Translation [message #12027 is a reply to message #12024] Fri, 25 July 2003 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Actually FUDforum already has a Spanish translation, however it has fair number of untranslated strings in it that need to be translated from Spanish to english.

I am attaching a plain text file that has the Spanish strings in need of translation.
  • Attachment: spanish.txt
    (Size: 10.99KB, Downloaded 709 times)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Translation [message #12029 is a reply to message #12024] Fri, 25 July 2003 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm.. i don't like to sound like an idiot but the whole text is in English!!!

Cool

And i know i said i am not a progammer but you could have left it in HTML Embarassed i understand it "html" well some of it Smile

But the file is pure english

msg: A new message titled "{VAR: msg_post->subject}" was just posted in a forum that you moderate. To review this message go to: {ROOT}?t=modque\n\nThis is an automated process, do not reply to this message.\n

this is one of the strings unless i am gettign my spanish and english mixed up i think that is all english Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 25 July 2003 02:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Translation [message #12030 is a reply to message #12029] Fri, 25 July 2003 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've sent you just the untranslated version of the file, the 'complete' file is about 5 times larger.
As far as the format, the file is always kept as TEXT, the html output is generated during template compilation process, so you are looking at the source.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Translation [message #12032 is a reply to message #12024] Fri, 25 July 2003 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh ok
sorry good thing i said i was not a programmer if not you guys would say" what a morron" Smile

But my question was that you were asking for me to translate from Spanish to English, and the whole text is in English i have no problem in doing it either way, after all it will benefit you as well as benefit my forum "well not mine, but where i am registered" but if you want me to translate what you have given me no prob,

See you
Xracer

[Updated on: Sat, 26 July 2003 17:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Translation [message #12033 is a reply to message #12032] Fri, 25 July 2003 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The data inside the file appears like this:

message_identifier: actual message

What you need to translate is the "actual message" and not touch the code inside the {} brackets, that must remain english, however feel free to move the entire {} bit if Spanish gramatical rules require it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Translation [message #12036 is a reply to message #12024] Fri, 25 July 2003 15:30 Go to previous message
ok n oprob. give me a little time and i'll have it done

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: ry
Next Topic: oww...i think this is it...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 22:27:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02393 seconds