FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Favorite threads (Different from subscriptions but similar - to appear in user's profile page)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Favorite threads [message #40868] Mon, 21 April 2008 15:17 Go to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
I've got a request from my users to develop a "Favorite threads" feature similar to the one they have on the old UBBthreads forums. Could be managed similarly to thread subscriptions, but they would appear on the user's profile page, so that others can see what threads someone is interested in.

Not everyone will post on a thread they are interested in and would like to recommend to others, so checking their post history might not turn them up.

Anyway, I thought I would pass this on to see if you are interested in adding it to the general code base. If not, I will probably go ahead and add it to my installation anyway.

Regards
Re: Favorite threads [message #158758 is a reply to message #40868] Wed, 18 March 2009 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
I've committed code for a bookmark feature today. Users will be able to bookmark topics and see them in their control panels. The bookmarks are private, but it may be a good starting point for you to build on.
Re: Favorite threads [message #158759 is a reply to message #158758] Wed, 18 March 2009 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Thanks!
Re: Favorite threads [message #158761 is a reply to message #158759] Wed, 18 March 2009 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marticus
Does your patch honor forum privileges, i.e., can underprivileged users see topic titles for private forums?

Can you please link the revision?

[Updated on: Wed, 18 March 2009 21:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Favorite threads [message #158765 is a reply to message #158761] Thu, 19 March 2009 05:59 Go to previous message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Here is the patch: http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=11893.

PS: It also includes some new files with doesn't show in CVSTrac.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Unread messages
Next Topic: an email I got today
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 05:29:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02160 seconds