FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » pre moderated forums
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
pre moderated forums [message #9014] Thu, 06 March 2003 17:00 Go to next message
elnino is currently offline  elnino   United States
hello.

This is a great forum! I'm just begining to realize that there is more to it, than I thought.

Q1) I would like to have a forum that is pre-moderated. That I figured out, but I would also like to have a select group of people that are able to post on this forum, that are NOT pre-moderated - and they themselves are not moderators. Is that possible?

Q2) I also noticed that moderators on a pre-moderated forum are not notified. It would be nice if they could be notified by email. how do you do that? Or maybe I can create a Moderator's home page that refreshes every minute or so, so that they can see the queue if it changes? how would I do that? If you point me toward the right direction, I can probably figure out the rest...

Thanks!
LN
Re: pre moderated forums [message #9087 is a reply to message #9014] Thu, 13 March 2003 14:25 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Q1) No.

Q2) Pending moderation que is shown on nearly every forum page to the moderators. Sending an e-mail everytime a message appears would create a WHOLE LOT of mostly annoying mail traffic.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: help
Next Topic: Forum template questions...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Oct 03 13:25:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02673 seconds