FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Break down after 1st step in safe_mode
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Break down after 1st step in safe_mode [message #9298] Sat, 22 March 2003 12:11 Go to next message
tankmann is currently offline  tankmann   Germany
The first step breaks down with the following error-message,
unfort. only available in german ...

I'm quite shure, the directories don't exist yet, chmode 777 is ok ...

What's been happen?

Thanks for your time.

tankmann

http://bxt83.de/FUDforum2/install.php?410758652 <---

Several tries produces here different numbers, but still the same breakdown.

error message:
Die Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden.
Die gewünschte Seite ist zurzeit nicht verfügbar. Möglicherweise sind technische Schwierigkeiten aufgetreten oder Sie sollten die Browsereinstellungen überprüfen.
---------
Versuchen Sie Folgendes:

Klicken Sie auf .................

............... "Erweitert" unter "Sicherheit" die Einstellungen für SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Klicken Sie auf die Schaltfläche Zurück, um einen anderen Link zu verwenden.

Fehler: Server oder DNS kann nicht gefunden werden
Internet Explorer
Re: Break down after 1st step in safe_mode [message #9316 is a reply to message #9298] Mon, 24 March 2003 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
In safe_mode the user/group are just as important as permissions, since PHP will not allow a script owned by user A to access a file owned by user B. So, you must make sure that the permissions match.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Break down after 1st step in safe_mode [message #9351 is a reply to message #9298] Mon, 24 March 2003 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tankmann is currently offline  tankmann   Germany
You're right, I already wondered, that I couldn't erase directories created by the FUD-installation script, even when I started the php-script you gave us in some other part of your support-forum.

So my idea was to start the installation script by a short html-form - only to be the "wwwrun/nouser", that I should be. But this was not enough. The same effect was happened.

My provider has updated the php-version to 4.3.0 - so that I hoped now the "safe_mode"-installation goes up to step 5...

Well. What's further more of interest ?

directories and scripts have to be 755. is that ok ?

/tmp/ is to be 777, it is 777.

It would be great, if you could help me again.

Thanks for you time.

tankmann

Re: Break down after 1st step in safe_mode [message #9646 is a reply to message #9351] Sun, 13 April 2003 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The web server needs to have write permissions to the directories where you intend to install the forum and because you have safe_mode enabled these directories need to be owned by the web server.
As I've said previously to other safe_mode restricted users your best bet is to ask your server admin to create such directories for you, or remove safe_mode from your account for 5-10 mins that you need to install the forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Break down after 1st step in safe_mode [message #9860 is a reply to message #9646] Sun, 04 May 2003 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gady is currently offline  Gady   Canada
I also faced a problem with safe_mode, but before I'll ask my server (provider) admin about anything I'd like just to clean up the result of failed installation ( directories /var/www/html/forum and /var/www/html/fud/forum ). Could you, please, guide me?

Re: Break down after 1st step in safe_mode [message #9954 is a reply to message #9860] Tue, 13 May 2003 14:15 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Try the 2.5.0 installer, it should work with safe_mode.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Installation Problem
Next Topic: Database - invalid user
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 08:11:29 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02677 seconds