FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Forum Displayed Multiple Times For Certain Users
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Forum Displayed Multiple Times For Certain Users [message #9497] Wed, 02 April 2003 13:36 Go to next message
ScooterQ is currently offline  ScooterQ   United States
In the past three weeks I've run into an odd problem with two of my users. The first case (Cecil Samford) went like this:

I made Cecil a moderator on a couple of forums. After about a week he noticed that one of the forums he was moderating showed up in the forums list twice. One version showed that there were unread posts. The other showed that everything was marked as read. The forum functioned fine, there were just two of the same forum. He was the only user experiencing this problem.

About a week later I made another user (Mumbly) a moderator for a forum. Everything was fine for about five days, but now he's seeing double, too. The repeated forum for Mumbly is different than the one for Cecil and unlike Cecil, it's not a forum he is moderating.

I've logged in as both users on numerous machines on multiple platforms and the problem is definitely repeatable. I've cleared cookies to no avail. I've cleared session data from the database to no avail. I've run the consistency checker to no avail.

I'm pretty certain the problem is on the server side because I can go to a new machine that has never logged into my forum and the problem occurs. The thing I can't figure out is why. I'm stumped.

• Attachment: cecil.jpg
    (Size: 76.62KB, Downloaded 654 times)
  • Attachment: mumbly.jpg
    (Size: 54.60KB, Downloaded 656 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 02 April 2003 13:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Forum Displayed Multiple Times For Certain Users [message #9620 is a reply to message #9497] Sun, 13 April 2003 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Which version of the forum you are running & what database system are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Forum Displayed Multiple Times For Certain Users [message #9642 is a reply to message #9620] Sun, 13 April 2003 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ScooterQ is currently offline  ScooterQ   United States
prottoss wrote on Sun, 13 April 2003 11:01

Which version of the forum you are running & what database system are you using?

FUDforum 2.3.9RC1
MySQL 3.23.54a
RedHat 8
Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) PHP/4.3.2-RC mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b mod_perl/1.27
Re: Forum Displayed Multiple Times For Certain Users [message #9648 is a reply to message #9642] Sun, 13 April 2003 15:41 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Looks like an SQL query problem with FUDforum, not sure why or how, never seen it happen myself. The SQL code is being completely rewritten in the comming release so, this should not be a problem in the future.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Long E-mail adresses dont work in ver. 2.3.5
Next Topic: Moderators can't see IPs
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Oct 10 00:24:25 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05167 seconds