FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Installation Errors
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Installation Errors [message #9737] Wed, 16 April 2003 17:23 Go to next message
djdaddybob   United States
I have been able to successfully install 4 versions of FUD Forum on our server and have never once had an installation problem. The last successful install I did was version 2.3.7. I am now trying to install a new forum, also version 2.3.7 but am receiving SQL error messages when I click the Complete Installation button at the end of installing. Here is the text of the message I am receiving:

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in <myserverpathhere> /forum/include/theme/default/err.inc on line 102

So far to I have retried installing 2-3 times, even tried the latest version of FUD Forum, 2.3.8 but with the same result. I also thought it might be a database limitation on our server but after removing any extra databases still get the error. Any idea why this might happen? Thanks in advance.
Re: Installation Errors [message #9738 is a reply to message #9737] Wed, 16 April 2003 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In looking at this a little further, it appears our hosting company upgraded our PHP version to 4.3.1 without letting us know about it. Has FUD Forum been tested and is it compatible with this version of PHP? Perhaps this is the reason for the errors.
Re: Installation Errors [message #9747 is a reply to message #9738] Thu, 17 April 2003 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
During a recent unsuccessful ( so far ) attemtpt to move my FUDFORUM to a new server, I received similar error msgs ( I tried all kind of ways to restore my data to the new server ). I tried deleting ALL the tables in the database and doing a clean install. Even different versions ( I have 2.2.3, 2.3.7 and 2.3.8 ). I even deleted the mySQL database completely. Still kept getting the error msgs you also received.

I finally had to have my host (lunarpages.com) take a look at it. They did something and and fixed it so that at least I could run and instal FUDFORUM. But everytime I tried to restore my data, it would trash the mySQL database so that nothing worked. Fortunately, lunarpages took pity on my plight and "fixed" the database several times for me.

I got real good at installing FUDFORUM! and lunarpages was very patient and understanding that I was trying to get my data into a clean install.

After they "fixed" it, I could successfully install FUDFORUM ( and if I wanted to abandon all my previous members/msgs/groups/categories etc, I could have just started all over from there Sad ). But at some point the database would become corrupted and I was not able to successfully install FUDFORUM any longer. Then I would email lunarpages to fix it and the process could start all over again.

So, contact your host and have them look at your mySQL database. They should be able to "fix" just like lunarpages fixed mine for me. If not, have them contact Kelvin at lunarpages support. He can tell them specifically what he did to fix mine. He is very good at it cause he had to do it several times for me!

I hope this works for you...I got to the point where I can see my data in the SQL tables but FUDFORUM just won't run.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: Installation Errors [message #9760 is a reply to message #9737] Fri, 18 April 2003 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well after hassling the tech support people at our hosting
company, we were finally able to work through the installation
errors so I could get everything installed properly.

I'm still not certain what had to be done on the server-side
to accomplish this but all I know is that it is now working.

Is there anyone else out there who has experienced any install
problems (i.e. MySQL errors) of FUD Forum on PHP 4.3.1 or newer?
Re: Installation Errors [message #9940 is a reply to message #9760] Tue, 13 May 2003 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Latest release of FUDforum (2.5.0RC1) has a much more comprehensive installer and I have personally tested on PHP 4.3.X and it works. I suspect the older installer may have been affected by one of the many small changes between 4.X series & 4.3.0

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Installation Errors [message #9960 is a reply to message #9940] Tue, 13 May 2003 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When do you anticipate 2.5.0RC1 will go from developmental release to full release? I'm a little hesitant to switch our forum now in mid-project but may try it next time. As for now, everything seems to be working once we figured out the install issues on the server side.
Re: Installation Errors [message #9964 is a reply to message #9960] Tue, 13 May 2003 14:39 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
That largely depends on how buggy the 2.5.0RC1 release is and how long would it take me to discover & resolve these bugs. I suspect the most obvious ones and probably the most 'critical' will be discovered in few days of heavy usage. Which is why I ask everyone to try 2.5.0 so that we can get 2.5.0 stable as soon as possible.
Ideally, the stable release will take no more then 1 week to hammer out.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Colors
Next Topic: ARGH, Still having trouble with thread view
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Oct 03 23:16:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03216 seconds