FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » User editing.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
User editing. [message #10857] Wed, 11 June 2003 23:32 Go to next message
scoutzilla is currently offline  scoutzilla   United States

I'm sure this is right in front of me but I can't seem to figure out how to give my users the ability to edit their own posts! Where to I go to fix this?

thanks

Got Torque?
Re: User editing. [message #10875 is a reply to message #10857] Thu, 12 June 2003 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Normally users can edit their own messages, the only reason why they cannot if you set Edit time limit to a small number and that prevents users from editing their own messages after that time had passed.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: User editing. [message #10894 is a reply to message #10857] Thu, 12 June 2003 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

My Edit time limit was set to zero, a user pointed out to me that he was able to edit anyones message. I verified that with a "user log on", then I set the edit time limit to one and now users can't edit any messages.

Got Torque?
Re: User editing. [message #10896 is a reply to message #10894] Thu, 12 June 2003 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You probably gave users EDIT permission thinking it would allow them to edit their own messages. In reality it allowed them to edit ANY message.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: User editing. [message #10900 is a reply to message #10896] Thu, 12 June 2003 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yep that was it.

Thanks for taking time to help with my little problems. It is great to know you are out there to help us greenies.

Can I use the Groups Manager give users permission to delete their own posts in a topic? Say like a classifed ad, once the item is gone they can go back and delete their own ad.

Smile

Got Torque?
Re: User editing. [message #10902 is a reply to message #10900] Thu, 12 June 2003 19:39 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
No, there is no way to grant a user the permission to delete just their own message. This should be done, deletion of messages is the extreme last step and should only be performed by a trusted person with a very good reason to do so.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: User groups?
Next Topic: Today's Posts on home page
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Oct 10 22:27:36 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02706 seconds