FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » With every new post, always shows all as unread
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
With every new post, always shows all as unread [message #13900] Thu, 30 October 2003 19:08 Go to next message
BugLaden is currently offline  BugLaden   United States
v2.5.3.rc3

I haven't received any complaints from other forum users, but every time a new message gets posted in any of the forums, and I go to that forum, all messages show having been unread.

I can mark all as unread, and as soon as another message is posted, they all appear as unread again.

I've run forum consistancy, no dice.

-=BugLaden
Re: With every new post, always shows all as unread [message #13901 is a reply to message #13900] Thu, 30 October 2003 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Are you sure you browser is not caching the image?
What display mode are you using, flat or threaded?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: With every new post, always shows all as unread [message #13904 is a reply to message #13900] Thu, 30 October 2003 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is flat mode and just started up today. No changes to my browser, and its happening when I access the forum at work and at home.

-=BugLaden
Re: With every new post, always shows all as unread [message #13905 is a reply to message #13904] Thu, 30 October 2003 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
hmm....

Ok, how about message in other forums, do they also become unread? When you do 'mark all read' are you doing it per forum or for the entire message board (link on the front page) ?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: With every new post, always shows all as unread [message #13912 is a reply to message #13900] Fri, 31 October 2003 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A forum has all its messages become "unread" when a new message is posted to that forum. Only that forum is affected.

I have clicked the mark all Read for the specific forum, and it marked them all read....until the next message was posted in that forum, and they all reverted to being unread.

Next, I marked all messages read at the board level, and this worked strangely enough. My question: why?

-=BugLaden
Re: With every new post, always shows all as unread [message #13916 is a reply to message #13912] Fri, 31 October 2003 14:35 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
The logic for making the forum read & marking the entire forum read is different. Then marking a forum read a field is set in your profile indicating that all messages posted <current_timestamp are not read.
When you mark a forum read, it inserts an entry for every thread in that forum posted (after mark entire forum read field inside profile) into the topic read table.

Given, that this is how the system works, I can't see how posting a new message in the forum would change the read status for all the remaining threadas. Most importantly I cannot replicate the problem, which for me is the 1st step for fixing it.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: prob with 2.06RC2
Next Topic: Upgrading destroys themes
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Oct 05 23:11:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02923 seconds