FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Editing forum_rules
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Editing forum_rules [message #27312] Sun, 04 September 2005 01:44
BobB is currently offline  BobB   United States
For some reason, I've always had a problem editing forum_rules (in pre-reg.tmpl) using the Message Editor. It's basically the sign-up agreement to which one agrees when registering. Sometimes I can add or replace text in it just fine, other times it will blank out that page. Today, after installing the latest upgrade, I simply copied & pasted what I had there before (it reverts to the default after an upgrade) and it killed the entire forum.

My solution was to use <iframe> to call a separate html document which contains the sign-up agreement. Now, my forum_rules message consists only of:

<center><iframe src="http://www.hummernetwork.com/forumsua.html" height="50%" width="80%" scrolling="yes" align="middle" frameborder="0" name="left"></iframe></center><p>

Just make it all one line with no carriage returns. Now I can edit the sign-up agreement easily, any time I want, without having to actually edit forum_rules with the Message Editor.

Feel free to borrow from my sign-up agreement if you like. It's evolved over a few years to cover my butt in just about any kind of situation. Some parts are intentionally broad in scope so they can be applied to unforeseen problems.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Making FUDForum quotes like email type quotes
Next Topic: Mass change for message subjects on a thread?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:56:08 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01989 seconds