FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » 2.7.3 - deleting PM while reading inbox sends me to trash
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
2.7.3 - deleting PM while reading inbox sends me to trash [message #28687] Sat, 05 November 2005 17:07 Go to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
When I click on the delete button while reading a private message from my inbox, I am returned to the "trash" folder instead of my inbox.

(I checked doing the same with a message from my "Sent" folder and it now works correctly.)
Re: 2.7.3 - deleting PM while reading inbox sends me to trash [message #28698 is a reply to message #28687] Sat, 05 November 2005 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I just tried it with a message from my inbox and it sent me back to the inbox.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: 2.7.3 - deleting PM while reading inbox sends me to trash [message #28705 is a reply to message #28698] Sun, 06 November 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia wrote on Sat, 05 November 2005 13:32

I just tried it with a message from my inbox and it sent me back to the inbox.

OK, I just checked my default theme and that one does seem to be working right, although my other ones are not.
Thanks
Re: 2.7.3 - deleting PM while reading inbox sends me to trash [message #28706 is a reply to message #28698] Sun, 06 November 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very weird.

I did some more testing, and it only sometimes returns me to Trash, and other times it returns me correctly to the Inbox. This includes when I use my default theme.

But, I just created three test PMs here and was unable to duplicate the problem with any of them.

I haven't made any changes in my other themes that should affect private messaging, and the default theme should be just as it is here. Any suggestions as to what could be happening?

addendum: the same thing is happening with my 'Sent' folder. Sometimes it works; sometimes it goes to "Trash". Also, when I am sent to "Trash", the message I just deleted is not there; apparently it is permanently removed as soon as I clicked "Delete".

[Updated on: Sun, 06 November 2005 04:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2.7.3 - deleting PM while reading inbox sends me to trash [message #28801 is a reply to message #28706] Fri, 11 November 2005 15:06 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Unfrotunately I am completely unable to replicate the problem on this or my test forum, nor do I see what may cause it...

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: pm to all users in admin panel doesnt work
Next Topic: General Settings/Default topic view
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:50:58 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03153 seconds