FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Attempting manual upgrade - which data is needed?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Attempting manual upgrade - which data is needed? [message #37244] Tue, 15 May 2007 18:03 Go to next message
Astoria is currently offline  Astoria   United States
Hi Ilia,
After failing to upgrade my test installation (those MySQL problems), I am nervous about trying to run an upgrade script against my production installation (modified version of 2.7.5), which has my own database modifications and more than 34,000 posts that I don't want to lose. I ran a clean install of 2.7.7RC2 on my test installation and then applied my changes to it, and now have a modified version that is functional there. I want to copy this version to my production installation and then regenerate my themes. I have identified the following steps I will need to do to effect this migration:

- I have identified the database changes to your version since 2.7.5 and will put them in by hand.

- I will copy the following files in my test installation to my production installation:

[forum data]/include/GLOBALS.php (after editing in the correct values for my production forum)
[forum data]/include/GLOBALS_HELP

[forum data]/sql/*
[forum data]/src/*
[forum data]/thm/[all subdirectories]/*

[forum]
/adm/*

- Once all files have been moved and verified, regenerate themes

My question is: am I missing anything in my list of files above, that will not be autogenerated when I recompile my themes?

Regards
Re: Attempting manual upgrade - which data is needed? [message #37350 is a reply to message #37244] Sun, 20 May 2007 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
You are missing 2 important directories

files/ and messages/

inside the [forum data]

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Attempting manual upgrade - which data is needed? [message #37358 is a reply to message #37350] Sun, 20 May 2007 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the reply

Quote:

You are missing 2 important directories

files/ and messages/

The files/ directory in my test installation seems to be empty except for .htaccess.

And, I thought that messages/ is where my messages are already stored?
Re: Attempting manual upgrade - which data is needed? [message #37362 is a reply to message #37358] Mon, 21 May 2007 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
files/ would be empty if you have no uploaded files, the messages/ could be empty but ONLY if you told your forum to stores messages in the database.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Attempting manual upgrade - which data is needed? [message #37367 is a reply to message #37362] Mon, 21 May 2007 19:34 Go to previous message
Ilia wrote on Mon, 21 May 2007 10:03

files/ would be empty if you have no uploaded files, the messages/ could be empty but ONLY if you told your forum to stores messages in the database.

Ah, OK. Yes, I just have my test installation on a XP localhost for now, so I haven't uploaded any files to it.

So, it sounds like I definitely want to leave the data in those two directories alone for my production forum and just move the software updates I spec'd above into my production directories.

Thanks again.
Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 21 May 2007 19:59]

Report message to a moderator

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Few issues after server transfer.
Next Topic: migration - large data import failes
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 12:52:00 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03263 seconds