FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Backup import woes (Trying to migrate a large-ish forum, and it isn't working)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Backup import woes [message #157984] Sun, 18 January 2009 06:23 Go to previous message
otherbird is currently offline  otherbird   
Hi,

I had a fairly busy forum running FUDforum 2.7.6. Now I'm switching to a new hosting provider and decided to upgrade everything in sight during the migration.

So far it's not going too well, f.e. I'm still stuck with PHP 5.1.6 *grumble* and have no way to upgrade that (blame: Plesk). But FUDforum shouldn't care about that, right? 2.7.6 didn't have any problems with 5.1.6.

So I've wgetted and installed FUD about a million times, or so it feels, and the install always goes perfectly whether it's 2.7.7 or 2.7.6, but the data import fails even though I've made all the timeouts ludicrously high in php.ini. It doesn't seem to matter if I change my table prefix from the original or not, and it doesn't seem to matter which version of FUD I install. On the last attempt I had max_execution_time set to 2360 seconds and memory_limit at 256 MB, and the import script still died after about 20 minutes.

If I'm lucky I'm only locked out and unable to enter the admin page because my password isn't known to the forum db. Last time around I didn't even get that much, just totally blank pages all round.

Any bright ideas for getting around this? It all seems to run OK, in that tables are being populated up to a certain point, it's just that it dies before it can import all the data.

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: NNTP Authentication does not work
Next Topic: NNTP posts work for a while, then stop
Goto Forum: