FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Crash during install step 2 (Crash during intall step 2)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Crash during install step 2 [message #158857] Sun, 05 April 2009 02:30 Go to previous message
mikeg is currently offline  mikeg   United States
I wanted to add a simple forum to my server and picked FUDforum because it sounded like it was simple to setup. I've been stuck for days and could use help trouble shooting. I'm not an new to much of this.

I have Apache on a Windows XP machine which works.

I put the install.php file in a browseable folder and it comes up in my browser (step1). Here's the system info:

System Information

PHP Version: 5.2.9-1

MySQL Extension:
Interface to the MySQL server, which is the recommended database for FUDforum. enabled

PostgreSQL Extension:
Interface to the PostgreSQL server. disabled

PCRE Extension:
Perl Compatible Regular Expression (required). enabled

Zlib Extension:
zlib extension is optional, however we recommend enabling it. This extension allow you to compress your forum backups as well as use zlib compression for your pages. enabled

Pspell Extension:
Pspell extension is optional, this extension is needed by the FUDforum's built-in spellchecker. If you want to allow users to spell check their messages, enable this extension. disabled

When I try to go to step 2 I get the "Your WWW_ROOT does not correspond with the SERVER_ROOT" error. I've tried setting permissions and read all the threads but can't get rid of this. So I turned the check off to get to step 2.

When clicking next at step 2 something crashes on my server machine. A Microsoft debug windo comes up with "Apache HTTP Server" at the top.

I've been stuck at this point for days and would really appreciate someone walking me through this.

THANKS in advance.
Mike
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Error When Compacting After Upgrade to 2.8
Next Topic: install error
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 07:16:45 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06401 seconds