FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Newbie questions
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Newbie questions [message #7136] Fri, 08 November 2002 15:50 Go to previous message
curtis is currently offline  curtis   United States
Here are several basic questions from a newbie:

I can't seem to turn smilies or post icons off. I don't want to see the icons in the post form window. I have tried changing general settings and editing the "all regisistered users" in the individual forms groups and then logging in not as the admin, but I still see them. I probably could delete all the smilies from the smilie manager, but isn't there a way to just turn them off? I keep thinking the fourth one in from the left is laughing at me...

I turned off the Public Stats feature in the Global Controls, but I still get the time-generated line at the bottom of the forum pages. How do I remove this?

I am about to start playing with the themes and tmeplates, so I know I can get into real trouble. My thought was to make a copy of the default theme and modify it incrementally to learn what I am doing. My theme folder on my server, however, is completely locked. I can't open it, copy to it, copy from it, copy the folder itself or change any of the folder's permissions via my GoLive FTP browser. Is this folder supposed to be locked (to keep me from messing it up!)? Is this approach wrong? Are there themes that can be downloaded that might be a better starting point?

Thanks for your help.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: fudcode and tables?
Next Topic: Mailing list integration
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 17:24:04 GMT 2024