FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Registration suggestions.
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Registration suggestions. [message #14943] Tue, 25 November 2003 22:11 Go to previous message
Xodnizel   United States
Include the IP address at the end of any requests to reset password or register an account, and possibly add a "If you received this message in error, <blah blah>" message.
Purpose: To allow easier tracking down of abusers.

Add an option to enable the user to go through a page and push submit or follow a link to confirm registration, after the email message. I can't remember if I made this suggestion before, so I'm making it now.
Purpose: To prevent, or make it harder for, people from accidentally confirming the account of another user(I've had some unpleasantness related to this on one board I've set up). Some people are click-happy, and if it's in a language other than the recipient's native tongue, he/she may click the link out of curiosity.

Modify the code to have email addresses hidden by default when registering. I'm not 100% behind this suggestion, since people really SHOULD read the forms they're filling out, and it is a very simple code change that almost anyone could do if it weren't implemented in the main code.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Prefix on CSS elements
Next Topic: Suggestions for mailing list handling.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 28 18:19:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08293 seconds