FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Problem running getlists from cron
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Problem running getlists from cron [message #33040] Wed, 09 August 2006 14:34 Go to previous message
billnot is currently offline  billnot   Spain
Sorry to be a nuisance again, but I'm trying hard to integrate my existing maillists (using Arrow) into FUDforum. In another topic, you're helping me with the NNTP aspect. I'm very nearly there doing it with e-mail, but I've fallen at the last hurdle.

In case you haven't heard of Arrow, it's a Windows mailing list system which I've been using for some years and it's very reliable; I'm not going to change it! But members are asking for a web interface, hence FUDforum.

Mail from the forum is going to the mailing list perfectly. Using the getlists.php script, mail from the mailing list is also going into the forum correctly - if I run getlists.php manually. If I try to run it as a cron job, including using the built-in pseudo-cron, I get an error:

Warning: popen(/home/costabla/www/www/FUDforum/scripts/maillist.php 5,w) [function.popen]: Resource temporarily unavailable in /home/costabla/www/www/FUDforum/scripts/getlists.php on line 140
0.05s: Failed opening pipe for forum:

Line 140 of getlists.php reads:

$pipe = popen($this->config['posting_script'] . ' ' . $f['id'] , "w");

I don't understand why it won't run as a cronjob; I suspect a permission problem, but I don't know where to start.

BTW, I've tried with Forum files both locked and unlocked with the same result.

FUDforum itself is up and running well; what a versatile system (I've tried a few others and this is by far the best); it's just this last integration hurdle that I need to beat!

--
Bill Hayles
El Inglés Loco
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message